Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week of May 16th

Well I skipped a week of blogging.  I was running just not blogging!  So anyway this was a tough week to get runs in.  Very busy week and then it went hot humid really quick and now rain and cold.  One extreme to the other!

I was able to log another 30 miles but no speedwork, only a tempo run but I do not consider that a real speed workout.  Tuesday night i ran with my running buddy for Girls On The Run.  We did 3 miles and she did a great job for a 3rd grader.  She told me thier coach was teaching them about having a pace.  Samantha had a pace too!  It was about a 11:30 pace but hey the kid hung in there and only had to stop and take a few walking breaks.  This was great considering it was our first day this year to reach 80 degrees and none of us are use to that weather yet here in MIchigan.  The girl has endurance she will be a great runner one day I hope I can rub some of my passion off on her!

Today was my long run 10.4 miles in 41 degree weather it was rainy and windy and i had one of my best runs yet!  I love to run in the cold and rain does not bother me.  I kept an 8:40 pace for the run i am working on getting down to at least  an 8:30 pace before my first 1/2 marathon this year.  I think i am well on my way!

We will see what this week brings.  My fav song on the long run playlist this week was Flo Rider's "Right Round". 

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment