Saturday, June 4, 2011

Running on Empty

Running on empty the song is going through my mind right now and what a nice title lets see if it fits tonight's blog post!

So I have neglected my blog this week.  It was a very busy week since Monday was Memorial Day and then it was the last week of school and a endless list of things to do.  I managed to get all of runs in of course.

To recap the week, on Monday was a nice easy quick run followed by Tuesdays night of 800 repeats in between thunderstorms.  I ran 3 then had to stop for about 45 minutes and then resumed the last 3.  Held them at 3:40 each.  Wednesday was quick run with some strength training and on Thursday I did 8 hill repeats. Friday was a rest day and today I ran 4 miles on some trails with my meet up group.

On Friday I received my box of goodies from Snickers MARATHON Bars they are my official sponsor this year.  Yes I am almost a professional runner.  In exchange for some really nice running gear, all I have to do is promote the product at races and at group training runs etc.  They sent cases of product to be handed out and coupons and tattoos.  For me it's an incredible opportunity because I always wanted to run professionally when I was a kid.  So it is my dream come true.  Who knows it could lead to something else in the future.  I and 249 others were picked out of 1000's who applied for our commitment to an active lifestyle filled with nutritious energy bars!! :)

Just really bummed that Barry could not get the week off of work for when I wanted to do my first 1/2 marathon for this year.  Been training since spring break for this.  I might just drive up to the UP myself, but it seems silly because 6 days later we will be leaving for the UP.  I will just have to settle for the local 10k in Manistique when we go up.  We will see I could change my mind and hop in the car and go!

I think my next blog might be a little more "colorful" because i have been having some really deep thoughts on my runs and working some things out.  We will see running on empty in my thoughts tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Go Team! I was on the team last yr too, but this yr it seems like so many people are reaching out and supporting each other. It's going to be an amazing year I'm glad we're going to get the chance to share it.

    ReplyDelete