Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The HEAT is ON!!

Yes it has been one heck of a hot week so far.  The humidity will not go away.  The weather man said after tomorrow we should have a break in the hot and humid weather for a few days.  So training has been rough this week.  5:30am runs, sweat pouring of me, annoying deer fly buzzing me and stickin' rotten dead animals along side the roads.  YUCK!

Among all of the heat and stinky dead stuff out there I have seen some really beautiful things these past few days.  I see the geese with their goslings, the swans with their babies, beautiful wildflowers, some amazingly colorful birds and of course lots of deer.  The other morning when I was running down the trail a deer snorted to the others that I was approaching I never saw them I just heard them take off through the thicket!  One road I run down is just one solid wall of Jacob's Ladder in purple and white.  It is just gorgeous!  The most amazing sight on my runs this week was watching the sun rise while I was running this morning.  It was just a big red ball in the sky.  I took a picture on my phone but it did not do it justice.  While others are hitting their snooze buttons in the mornings I am out in all of God's glory!

The best thing about the heat is at least now I can condition my body to it in small increments.  Short quick runs to help the old body adapt.  This is good since last summer I kept sucking air whenever it was hot and humid now I am taking a proactive approach against the heat.  Bring it on I say!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment