Saturday, June 25, 2011

Everyone needs a goal

Isn't it true everyone should have goals, big or small, shouldn't we all be striving in life and trying to reach the top in anything we do?  My goal this year was to work on speed to bring my 5k race time down.  Hard thing to do when your 42 and are not running like your 22 anymore.  I have made it though I finally got under 24 minutes this week two times!  Tuesday nights race in Lansing with Crissy I was able to run 23:34 and then again today in Concord I ran a 23:30!  I was not too sure about my time today after Wednesday but there is no stopping me now.

New goal now is to get under 23 minutes in a 5k.  I think training for the marathon last year and getting that hellish base built up that I maintained all winter long has fueled my fire!  I am in great shape, eating well, sleeping well, enjoying my job, my life, my family.  There is always room for new goals. 

The other goal pertaining to my running is to go for a 1:45 in the 1/2 marathon, if I can't do it in Chicago I should be able to by October for the Wildlife 1/2.

Another goal this year is to support Abbie in her school year.  This will be a transitioning year for her since she will be attending the Career Center in the mornings.  The girl does not like change and does not like her schedule messed up so there will be some adjusting the first month of school.  We will get through it together with me supporting her and trying to stay calm and understanding.

So all in all this has been a great week and I am totally looking forward to my nice cool long run in the morning.  I have not picked a route yet I guess I will figure that out when i leave the driveway tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment