Friday, May 4, 2012

To Blog or Not To Blog

I seem to be slipping in my blogging this year.  There has been lots of stuff going on lately, but that should not be a excuse.  So down to business and time to get all caught up. 

My last race I ran was an 8k in downtown Jackson in April.  I had traveled back from Nashville TN the day before the race and wanted to sleep in desperately in my bed that race morning.  I pulled myself out of bed put my Marathon Bar gear on and out the door I went.  I told Crissy I just wanted to get near 40 minutes in my finishing time sense i felt out of sorts.  So we line up the gun goes off and i off and running and when I cross the 1 mile marker I tell Crissy we are at our 5k pace and I feel great!  So the first mile was 7:30 and we slowed a little on the 2nd mile, that one came in at 7:50 but once I was over that 2 mile mark I started speeding up and finished the race very strong.  I was female masters winner and the 3rd woman to cross the finish line and 22nd over all.  I finished in a 37:30!  New Masters PR for me!  I won a ORS hat and long sleeve Brooks tech shirt!  I like to win stuff rather than medals I have umpteen medals already give me something I can reuse!

So for my first official Marathon Bar race of 2012 I think I represented very well!  This Saturday I will be representing again and doing a sampling of the bars at another race in downtown Jackson this one being a 5k.  I want to break 23 minutes I hope I can, the morning is suppose to be cool so we will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment