Tuesday, April 3, 2012

MARATHON Time

So I accepted the ambassadorship through MARATHON Bars again for the 2012 running season.  They picked 150 runners this year to represent, down a 100 from last season.  One thing they changed was the requirement to run at least one RnR event, now it is just highly recommended.  I will run Chicago again, but this time I will be rooming with 3 other MARATHON Bar teammates and riding to Chicago with teammate Melanie!  It should be a good time!

So far this year I have run in three 1/2 marathons and three 5ks.  I think i am off to a good start.  The first 1/2 was in January the Snowman's 1/2 marathon in Mount Pleasant Michigan and I ran on very slippery roads and in white out conditions.  My jaw was numb at the end of the race and I could barely speak!  In February I ran the Icecube 1/2 in Mount Pleasant same course and we ran on totally icy roads in very cold and windy conditions.  The 3rd and final 1/2 again in Mount Pleasant was the Muddogs 1/2 in March.  The roads were perfect the weather was cool and threatening with rain.  There was no mud to be had but it did start to rain during the last 2 miles so i was good and soaked to the bone at the finish!  I became a Winter Warrior this season by finishing all three 1/2's.

All three 5k's were local with one run in February and two in March.  Actually nice weather for all three during this unseasonable warm winter we just experienced.  It was a nice break coming off one of the coldest on record the winter before.  Take it when you can get it I guess!

Onward Ho!  Into the 2012 season with a 8k coming up in April, couple 5k's in May and my next 1/2 in June the Dexter to A2!  Time to sit down and figure out the rest of schedule but I do know in October I will be running the Wildlife Marathon here in Concord a very challenging course not meant for the weak!  I challenge you to try this small town marathon with an amazing course.  www.wildlifemarathon.org  Come run on the wild side!

No comments:

Post a Comment