Monday, November 14, 2011

It's Been a Long Time

Just like the song it's been a long time since my last blog.  Funny how I was so gunhoe in the beginning and seem to have really slacked off this fall.  Maybe it is because a new school year started up, maybe it's because I drive straight home and change into my gear and go out and run before dark or maybe it's because there is nothing to pressing to blog about.  At any rate here I am again ready to blog.

I find the year coming to an end and reflect back on my running journey this year.  I have realized I have spent quite a bit of money on my running this year.  Six pairs of shoes, numerous race entries and my most costly the trip to Chicago for the RnR 1/2 Marathon in August.  Would i change it?  Never!  Would i do it again?  Definately!!  I also realized i spent a lot of money on socks this year but you cannot be too careful when it comes to your feet.  I like my toenails, i like to be blister free and I love to have warm toes in the winter.  I am already looking ahead to next year and planning a few long trips that include racing.  There are two in the UP A 1/2  in June in Munising and then another 1/2 on the island off of Munising at the end of July.  These won't be as costly since I have a place to stay up there.  I also want to do an out of state one in the fall I just have to figure what one.  If I am picked to be an Ambassador again for TEAM MARATHON BARS I am going to look into either doing the RnR in St. Louis or Philly.  Lots of planning and saving up for in the 12 months that lie ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment