Sunday, August 28, 2011

It's Been a Long Time

It's been a long time since I last posted something on here.  Since the last time I went off to Chicago with my best friend Gina to run in the Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon.  I did fairly well my goal was to get in around 1:50 and I made it in at 1:56 so that was not too bad.  The weather was great very cloudy at the start, nice breeze off Lake Michigan and at about the 7 mile mark it rained for awhile.  There were thousands of people running by far the largest race I have run in yet.  I would love to go back and run it again but I think I will shoot for the Chicago Marathon next fall if I can get in.

Onward HO!  Time to think about my upcoming races the big one is the Falling Waters Trail 1/2 that I am going to run in October.  Goal again to get a 1:50 should be do-able since it is basically flat and it should be much cooler by then.  The colors will be awesome this time of year so it will be a very pretty run.

I have all these great thoughts and reflections when I am out running and when I sit down to write them all out I forget them.  One thought I can recall somewhat is the fact that I need to find someone to do some speedwork with.  I want to get faster but I think I am at a point of where I need someone else to me push me faster.  How to find that person I have no idea.  I am thinking of contacting the Spring Arbor coach and seeing if I could od speed workouts with them! lol

We will see.  Anyway I just keep plugging away the miles which is getting easier as the temps are falling quickly at night and they are nice and cool most mornings. 

I will try and remember to jot down my thoughts as they come to me so my blog will become better and more meaningful. Peace out.


No comments:

Post a Comment