Saturday, July 30, 2011

Where Did July Go?

Where did July go?  I look and I have not blogged since July 9th maybe because I was getting ready for my second trip of the summer to Montana.  I loved running in the UP and also had a great time running in Montana while I was there but nothing compares to the stress free, familiar course where I can get lost in my thoughts and lifes worries just seem to disappear here at home.

So after I ran the Bear Run in the UP on the 4th I was experiencing pain in my left hip.  I felt it was from running on the very uneven landscape during the trail run and also that hard as a rock bed i was sleeping on.  I was nursing it before I went out to Montana riding my bike more, taking a few days off and stretching.  I think the 3 days in the car helped to since it kept me from running.  I felt great in Montana even did a "rave run" on the Rimrock in Billings.  I felt great when I got home also and then Friday came I did my run in the morning and then went to town.  I got out of the car and bam I could not move my hip it was like it was out of joint.  Damn I had to make myself walk on it and it popped back into place and of course hurt like hell after that.  I ran this morning it was sore but I was able to get through it.  It feels ok this evening as well.  So hopefully all is well.

So now as the month comes to an end and I go back to work on Monday I realize I have only 15 more days until the Chicago Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon!  I do not know how well I will run it with my hip and the humidity lately.  We will see, I always run much faster on race days with all the excitement and adrenaline running through me.  So I will just rely on my smart training and my natural ability to run to get me through.  My goal is a 1:50.


No comments:

Post a Comment